Monday, April 18, 2011

Wasting Time Creatively

Assuming that you too occasionally start a sentence "Life is too short" and finish it with something you've decided not to do; I just wanted to share a couple of my musings on family time.

I'm already a dad, and my wife is expecting our second baby in four weeks. No, I probably won't be blogging on the day that my baby is born. Life's too short to blog when you should be paying attention to what's going on in front of you.

A lot of it is about conservation of effort. Right now I have an essay to write for my degree, an article to write for the diocese, and then, of course there is spending time with my family - which means that sitting on a path sorting out pebbles is right at the top of the list, priority wise; along with fixing the car (probably the starter motor), spending quality time with my wife (long overdue) and... oh yeah, sitting in the sunshine.

Holidays... love them. Life's too short not to.

By the way, do you like the title? Sounds like the title of a book, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment